Behind AD-plast is a solid history More than five decades activity in the plastics industry means we really “think plastic”.
• In 1963, Donald Lorin and Arnold Fritzell started AD-plast AB by producing Tools. The first customer was Järn & Stålprodukter AB, now known as Mont Blanc AB.
• In 1987, Michael Jonsson started M-plast AB which he ran at nights and weekends.
• In 1992, M-plast AB bought its first servo-operated injection-moulder.
• In 1994, M-plast bought AD-Plast AB from D Lorin.
• In 1998, AD-plast was extended and the staff rooms were renovated. The Tools Department was expanded.
• In 1999, the first ABB robot was purchased and the automation process started.
• In 2001, further ABB robots were purchases and the first vision system was set up for 100% control.
• In 2004, AD-plast acquires Kendrion Holmberg’s plastics departments and took over all of their production.
• In 2007, the business was expanded with the purchase of BilAtlas’ old property opposite AD-plast AB. Thereby, the total storage area was increased by 7300 sq m.
• In 2008, 6 new servo controlled injection moulders were purchased and a new production hall was set up in the old storeroom. The warehouse was moved to M-Logistik.
• In 2011, AD-plast presented a new business concept consisting of 5 segments: Consulting, tool-making, production, assembly and logistics. The company’s visions was produced and reads “From vision to reality”.
• In 2013, AD-plast phased out the logistics segment to focus on the core business. The real estate (former BilAtlas) was sold.
• 2015 In May, AD-plast hosted the visit of H.M.K Carl XVI together with the county Governor Minoo Akhtarzand and representatives from the Swedish Business Enterprise. AD-plast builds gym for the staff in one step the company’s health care.
• 2016 AD-plast builds new warehouse of 2,500 square meters. The premises also include assembly and quality department as well as offices for warehouse staff.